Solar Pi Platter
The Pi Platter is a very versatile board.
BTW, the Pi Platter Can be used with other Pi models too.
- Smart Charging system understands when it is connected to a source like a USB charger and when it is connected to a variable source like a solar panel. It can provide up to 750 mA charge current and full three-stage charging for 3.7 volt Li-Ion batteries.
- Power management system automatically switches to battery when USB power fails and monitors the battery voltage to prevent excessive discharge. Can provide up to 2A @ 5V for the Pi and attached peripherals.
- Both standard JST connector and direct wire header for an external LiPo battery ranging from 1000 mA to 5000 mA. Direct wire header supports an external thermistor to protect the battery in harsh conditions.
- Real Time Clock keeps track of time even when the Pi is off.
- Three High speed USB ports can run much faster than any other Pi Zero USB boards. Two are power switched with over-current detection and limiting.
- 10/100 Mbit/sec Ethernet with external Magjack.
- Micro-power PIC micro-controller provides on-board intelligence (yet uses much less power than an Arduino).
- 2 x 10 bit A to D converters interface to the real world.
- 2 x 8 bit ports can be configured for PWM and servo output to control motors and real world devices. PWM outputs operate at one of three configurable frequencies for wide application.
- Expansion port providing power for your external circuitry and remote power control.
- Saves system configuration in EEPROM even when power is off.
By the way, in case you missed the Kickstarter, you can get a Pi Platter at https://www.tindie.com/products/globoy/solar-pi-platter/